Prototype manufacturing through wayken has become one of the ways for people to show the world their creativity. With a prototype, makers create an early innovation step in technology. Making a prototype is one of the rewarding and fun ways to take in production. Here is an overview of the prototype manufacturing.
A prototype is a three-dimensional version of your idea. These prototypes come in various types with different applications, and they make work easier. Many people have great opportunities to tap into their creativity by using their skills to inspire the market.
A CNC Prototype Machining manufacturing company like Wayken offer the right options for both your metal and plastic parts. Whether you are looking for precision machined parts or custom CNC prototypes, count on Wayken for all your needs.
Types of Prototypes
There are various types of prototypes, including the following;
- Feasibility prototype– This prototype is developed to determine the feasibility of different solutions. When applied, it resolves technical dangers attached to the development of compatibility and performance of components.
- Film prototype– If you plan to show your audience an idea, this is a perfect way. Use a video to present your thought in visual/graphical format.
- Rapid prototype– This prototyping method is used to engineer an original model of a product faster. It uses a three-dimensional computer-aided creation, which is effective when producing something in a short span.
- Horizontal prototype– It is a user interface in the form of screenshots, demonstrating the outer layer of a human’s interface. Using this prototype clarifies the requirements of the product and the scope.
- Simulations prototype– Are you planning to digitally create a physical product to foresee the product’s function ability in the real world? This prototype is the best for you.
- Vertical prototype– This prototype is a back end of the product to test the front end.
- Storyboard prototype– This prototype describes products in the form of stories and determines a standard order in which you need to present details. It helps to determine operational sequences for displaying information.
- Wireframe– It is a skeletal product. It is illustrated in the form of schematics that take ideas, layout, sequence, etc.
- Animations– Using animation prototypes allows you to present your idea in images.
- Mock-up– This prototype allows you to have an overall vision of the product. It is also an unpolished product’s version with no active features.
CNC Prototype Machining Materials
CNC machining materials come differently. Depending on your choice, there are a variety of selections to make out of many, including the following;
- ABS – The material is black, natural, or flame retardant.
- ABS – Another selection with PC blend.
- PC or Polycarbonate – The material is clear or black
- PMMA or Acrylic – For this selection, the CNC Machining materialis natural or black.
- PA or Nylon – The CNC Machining material is black, natural, or 30%GF.
- PP or Polypropylene – The material is either black, natural, or 20%GF.
- POM or Acetal or Delrin – The CNC Machining material selection can be white or black
- PEI or Ultem
- Bakelite Resin
- Epoxy tooling board aluminum – It comes in 6063, 6061, 5052, 7075, etc.
- Zinc alloy
- Titanium alloy
- Magnesium alloy
Advantages of CNC Machining
Are you looking for perfect machines? Try CNC machining because they provide high levels of accuracy. Also, they allow a great surface finish.
b. Fast Turnaround
CNC machining offers a 24hours turnaround. The only time you get to turn the machines off is when you are maintaining them. Otherwise, they offer a smooth operation continuously daily.
c. Offers a Wide Range of Material Selections
With CNC machining, you don’t have to worry about materials. We can machine parts directly out of engineering metal and plastics.
d. It’s Economical
CNC machining is economical for a short term of production parts that need you to perform various productions. The scale volume is usually between 1 to 100,000.
Whichever prototype you choose to put your idea into action, ensure the right means to achieve the process. Remember that every prototype has a special way of creating it and comes with different benefits.